I really liked the problem errors that we worked on. I felt that it was good to see how students can come up with different answers to general math questions. I also found it interesting that if a teacher gives too much information about a particular math problem, the students could just be using the wrong rules on the problem. I think that doing this will help me to space out information about a given topic, so students are not overwhelmed with too much information.
I liked how the entire packet of error problems, gave a large perspective of what could happen with a real student. Also the variety of problems that were given also gave me an understanding of what was happening and how to teach the material in a better way. I believe that the packet hit on a lot of math topics, that seem easy and understandable to everyone, but that do have a way of getting confusing. I felt that seeing all these different ways was helpful and gave insight about what to look for as a future teacher.
I think that one element that I would have liked to see throughout the packet, would be how two students interpreted the problems. I know it would make the packet longer, but I believe it would help us in the long term. This way we can see two different ways that a problem was interpreted by the students.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment