Thursday, April 22, 2010

Technology Reflection

When didn't we use technology this semester? We have used so much technology everyday this semester, some of which I have never used before. The smart board was the coolest new piece of technology that I used this semester. Smart boards were a lot easier to use than I had anticipated. It was interesting to see all the different things you could do with the smart board. I was happy that I stayed in the classroom a few weeks ago when the other education classroom came in, because I was able to see all the different things that could be done on the smart board, that is not directly related to mathematics. It was cool to see that a smart board could be used with all different students at all different grade levels. There was so much that could be done on the smart board. I thought it was interesting to see that the smart board could use sound effects to say different letters.

Computers, another piece of technology that we used each and everyday. Computers have so many possibilities for teaching and for showing many examples for mathematics. I liked how much work we had to do on the computers. I felt that the way of communication of Google Docs was a little hard at first, but as the semester went on I began to understand it a little more.

Just recently we used calculators, which I have personally used since I was in grade school. But the type of calculator that was used was a little different from what I had back in those days. So these calculators where interesting to see and use. I was hoping that we would see a calculator that would hook up to a computer and see how it is used in that form.

No comments:

Post a Comment